Sunday, July 3, 2011

camp thus far

Well, I was due a blog post last Monday but missed that opportunity because I was camping on Plum Island with the LDP 1's. After we got back on Tuesday morning we had a full day of getting ourselves ready for camp and getting the Ranger organized. On Wednesday and Thursday we had "normal" days filled with quite times, Bible study, games, and devotions at night. On Friday and Saturday we were on the Androscoggen river up north working on our whitewater canoeing skills. One boat got wrapped around a rock, and there was a little pile-up, but we managed to get down the river in one piece. All in all it was a great time.

Today is my day off, and think I'm ready for a repose. I'm so glad that I am up here, any doubts that I had before I came are pretty much gone. We leave for the Allagash a week from Monday and I can't wait for those nine days with these campers. It's going to be an adventure for sure.

I don't have much more of an update than that. I've been using most of my energy that would be going into blogging on the campers. But if I can swing it I should have a post tomorrow about how you can actually make some decent coffee with a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker.

Luke
luketlancaster@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment