Saturday, March 26, 2011

springtime and change

A couple of weeks ago I asked Cara what she thought of when she thought of spring.

This week I thought I would touch on that topic, but I took a couple of pictures to better speak to my thoughts.

You can barely see the purple flowers creeping up the fence.
When I think of spring I always think of grass, and cutting it.

Every time I get home I'm treated to this Pear Tree.

Thanks to Brian and Courtney we have some color on our front porch.



These are just a couple of things that I think of when I think of Spring. The one thing I think of most though, with any season, is change.

Someone once said that the only thing that remains the same is change. There's always going to be change, and life is never going to stay in on place for too long.

Every winter, about three months in I start thinking to myself "this is never going to end!" But right around that time we start getting signs of spring. And the right when spring seems like it's going to last forever, summer comes in with it's heat and humidity. But also with frisbee-throwing and cook-outing. And about when you think that the heat will never go away nights start getting cooler, and leaves change their color. They fall, crispness enters the air, and before we know it we're back in winter again.

For whatever reason the changing of the seasons help remind me of God's unchangeable love. Even though sometimes everything seems like it won't get any better, He is always with us. And his Hand is upon us.

That's what I think about when I think of spring, what about you?

Luke
luketlancaster@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment